Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Photobook

(See above post)
Photobook printed with Shutterfly (50% off).
There are a couple of things I'll do differently next time, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it.
100 pages but still thin and sleek!

**For you digiscrappers out there, I've also included some of the digital pages so you can compare and see what you think of Shutterfly's print quality...**

(The first pic is a father's day card I made for Steven.
We're thinking about splattering a bit of spaghetti sauce on it to make it more realistic :)
Click photos to enlarge.






This page seemed a little washed out. The yellow just isn't as rich and warm as the original.
It also lost some detail and contrast.


















This layout in print was a little disappointing. Way different from the digital image.
The blues are completely different and the faces are desaturated.












The green background is too cool, and not in a good way.




The reds could have been a little darker/richer.
Overall, despite a few color and resolution issues, I was pretty happy with the album. If I were rich, I would print the same album with 5 different companies, but unfortunately, that aint happenin' any time soon so, for now, I think I'll stick with Shutterfly. At least until someone convinces me otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I just came across your blog & am new to digital scrapping. I have had a few friends recommend BLURB in printing blogs & scrapping pages. Perhaps it'd be worth a try for your next book?

    Good luck. Your pages are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete